Monday, June 13, 2011

I have no excuse

Okay so maybe I have a few like school and my AP Exam but other then that nothing. School has past and summer has been going on for almost three weeks now and what do I have to show for it? Absolutely nothing. So I'm sorry for letting my promises down and not keeping up with this blog. I lost faith in myself but I did do one thing with my writing and that is typing up 14 pages of an revised story that I've been working on bit by bit and which hopefully I will have all the old parts of its revised by the ending of the summer.

I'm actually quite proud of myself and what I have gotten done with my story, even if its not really a lot. I had written it when I was in the 7th grade. That was the time in my life when i was basically a writing manic. I think it had something to do with the fact that I was falling for my best friend at the time, and just liking him and finding out that he liked me inspired words from me, but not just words drawing too. Ha ha it's to bad that he broke my heart; but however, at the same time that kind of helped develop my writing too while simultaneously stopping it completely. But such is life.

Revising an old story,okay this is not an easy thing to do especially since the way I write now, and the way i wrote back then stylistically is completely different. But the story had great potentially. Another hard thing about revising a story at least for me is finding the passion you had for it then and keeping it. Not letting it slip through your finger tips while you remember all the reasons why you stopped writing. The plot holes and lack of character development. For now I'm just going to revised what my 13 year old self did write and then just take it from there.

See? I haven't been completely wasting away my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment